Music Links
Thursday 2 November 2006
Sunny Day Sets Fire - Lack Of View

Think it's all wrapped up folks, can’t see how any other song can match Sunny Day Sets Fire’s ‘Wilderness’ for the joy its brought me this year (such is my infatuation I bought it on 7-inch single for chrissakes). So it’s with great trepidation that I approach any new songs from the London based collective. How to maintain such toxic levels of love for a band while somehow discovering if the well of talent is as deep as I hope it is. The thing about SDSF is that they are as prolific as Thierry Henry, everytime I log onto their myspace site there’s a flippin new song to be savoured. So far ‘Lack of View’ is the peachiest, containing moments of lullaby loveliness and quirky avenues of wispy harmonies. SDSF have released 2 vinyl singles to date but a new EP is to be released later this month out stateside way on I Am Sound Records. So ‘Wilderness’ may still have some competition for those coveted end of year hugger 'best of' laurels. KD
Watch The Video To Brainless
More Info: Official & Myspace
Year: 2006
Get 25 FREE Music Downloads for your iPod® or any MP3 player!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Video of the Week (1/11)
Popular Posts
-
Aaah, I’m in love and so will you be once you turn your ears to Ai Phoenix. This song is so delicately crafted it sounds like it’s going to ...
-
With the self-proclaimed siamese triplets Sack about to jack it all in, up popped Morrissey to proclaim his allegiance. He was as good as hi...
-
If it’s an instrumental with words you’re after then look no further than the ‘Melody of a Fallen Tree’. What would expect from a band that ...
-
The only question that remains unanswered is how much longer this Dublin band can remain unsigned. This certainly ain't your average run...
-
With a feather lifted from Roddy Woomble's rapidly disintegrating peak cap (cf 'When I Argue I See Shapes') 'Another Wound...
-
You can now buy this song on our 2008 Christmas compilation called 'An Indiecater Christmas' here ! There’s no doubting the copious ...
Blog Archive
-
▼
2006
(529)
-
▼
November
(38)
- The Paddingtons - Sorry
- She, Sir - The Clandestine
- Bobby Baby - Lucky Moments
- Maps - Lost My Soul
- Ron Sexsmith - Maybe This Christmas
- The Motifs - Dots Secret Address
- Action Painting! - These Things Happen
- Lemon Jelly - The Shouty Track
- My Brother Woody - Wish I Was A DJ
- Bearsuit - Rodent Disco
- The Birthday Massacre - Video Kid
- San Saba County - More Than Me
- Casiotone For The Painfully Alone - Bobby Malone M...
- The Sound Of Young Ireland (Vol. 2)
- Sa Sevol - The Little Ones
- Oakley Hall - Lazy Susan
- Explosions In The Sky - Yasmin The Light
- Nyles Lannon - Beached
- Sound Team - It's Obvious What's Happening Here
- Bedroom Walls - In Anticipation Of Your Suicide
- El Goodo - Stuckin The Sixties
- Jim O'Rourke - Women of the World
- Busdriver - Avantcore
- Revelino - Happiness Is Mine
- One Dove - White Love
- Purple Clouds - Sunshine
- Antarctica Takes It! - I'm No Lover
- Can Joann - Thicker Skin
- Venice is Sinking - Undecided/Pulaski Heights
- The Silent League - Breathe
- God Is An Astronaut - Tempus Horizon
- Three Peace Sweet
- Teenage Fanclub - Did I Say
- Sunny Day Sets Fire - Lack Of View
- Revolver - Wave
- Wheat - This Rough Magic
- Phaser - Can't Get You Out Of My Mind
- The Diableros - Sugar Laced Soul
-
▼
November
(38)
4 comments:
Hey I cannot for the life of me find out where to buy/download sunny day sets fire "lack of view." I love this song, they played it on NPR morning becomes eclectic, but NPR's website annoyingly doesn't list where to purchase the album. Help!
Adrienne, you're right I can't find what you are looking for online. Here is the best link I could find.
http://www.iamsoundrecords.com/artist/sunnydaysetsfire
Hi, Lack of View is out on March 03 on Brikabrak Record in the UK as part of a double a side with new track 'End Of The ROad' ... both are also going to be one the album which is out in May I think...
Thanks all--I will keep looking!!
Post a Comment