Music Links
Saturday 18 July 2009
Engine Alley - The Flowers

It was a minor event from about 18 years ago (gulp) when the violin strains of ‘The Flowers’ seeped from a broken down ghetto blaster. I had been going on about this band from Kilkenny ad nauseum who were going to be the next big thing. As ever most of my words were lost on blank faces but this was finally some evidence that I was beginning to make progress. He was a proper student but his music tastes involved much ultimate raving so when I heard the freshly denuded cassette roll on this particular day I knew I had exercised some influence. It was to be a minor victory however as the student grew up to became the accountant and ultimately dedicated himself to a life of Garth Brookisms. I still think back to that special day, however, and the moment when what burned so brightly inside of me had company in the form of a little candle on the other side of the room. KD
Watch The Video To In A Different Kind Of Way
More Info: IMC & Myspace
Buy Songs: Engine Alley
Year: 1991
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Video of the Week (1/11)
Popular Posts
-
Aaah, I’m in love and so will you be once you turn your ears to Ai Phoenix. This song is so delicately crafted it sounds like it’s going to ...
-
With the self-proclaimed siamese triplets Sack about to jack it all in, up popped Morrissey to proclaim his allegiance. He was as good as hi...
-
If it’s an instrumental with words you’re after then look no further than the ‘Melody of a Fallen Tree’. What would expect from a band that ...
-
The only question that remains unanswered is how much longer this Dublin band can remain unsigned. This certainly ain't your average run...
-
With a feather lifted from Roddy Woomble's rapidly disintegrating peak cap (cf 'When I Argue I See Shapes') 'Another Wound...
-
You can now buy this song on our 2008 Christmas compilation called 'An Indiecater Christmas' here ! There’s no doubting the copious ...
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(324)
-
▼
July
(30)
- Storkboy Choons - Rockfield Symphony
- Onili - Games
- The Pastels - Nothing To Be Done
- Faunts - Feel.Love.Thinking.Of. (Lemonade Remix)
- Sin Fang Bous - Advert In Ives Garden
- North Elementary - Ones In Love
- Hot Chip - One Pure Thought (Supermayer Remix)
- Deastro - Spritle
- JJ - Things Will Never Be The Same Again
- Signed Papercuts - Of My Heart
- Adam & Darcie - Hands/Mind
- The Garlands - David
- Engine Alley - The Flowers
- I Am Kloot - To You
- Mew - Special
- A-ha - The Sun Always Shines On TV
- Mojave 3 - Kill The Lights
- Dan Koshute - Double Dip
- Pistol Disco - Organ And Drum
- Allá - Sigue Tu Corazon
- Jubilee Allstars - By The End Of The Night
- Rollerskate Skinny - Thirsty European
- Blind Man's Colour - Heavy Cloud Hustle
- Cornershop - Wog
- Coeur De Pirate - Comme Des Enfants
- Black Moth Super Rainbow - Twin Of Myself
- Dr Fox's Old Timey String Band - Kids
- Sam Bisbee - Never Fall In Love
- Wild Sweet Orange - Ten Dead Dogs
- Fool's Gold - Surprise Hotel
-
▼
July
(30)
0 comments:
Post a Comment