Music Links
Thursday 21 May 2009
Meeting of Important People - Hanky Church

I likes me chirpy indie pop and right now I’m bathing in a whole album of the stuff courtesy of Pittsburgh’s Meeting of Important People (their self-titled debut). ‘Hanky Church’ is especially noteworthy even if I have avoided delving into the dark lyrics too heavily for fear of hating myself for enjoying the melodies so much. I keep hearing the Shins, but ones that have been kicked until they’re bruised and slightly angry at the world despite their outwardly shiny disposition. Look around this album and you’ll hear potential college radio hits everywhere, and in their path there will be scores of undergrads pouring over the lyric sheet trying to make sense of their lives. KD
Watch The Video To Dead Man
More Info: Official
Buy Songs: Meeting of Important People
Year: 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Video of the Week (1/11)
Popular Posts
-
Aaah, I’m in love and so will you be once you turn your ears to Ai Phoenix. This song is so delicately crafted it sounds like it’s going to ...
-
With the self-proclaimed siamese triplets Sack about to jack it all in, up popped Morrissey to proclaim his allegiance. He was as good as hi...
-
If it’s an instrumental with words you’re after then look no further than the ‘Melody of a Fallen Tree’. What would expect from a band that ...
-
The only question that remains unanswered is how much longer this Dublin band can remain unsigned. This certainly ain't your average run...
-
With a feather lifted from Roddy Woomble's rapidly disintegrating peak cap (cf 'When I Argue I See Shapes') 'Another Wound...
-
You can now buy this song on our 2008 Christmas compilation called 'An Indiecater Christmas' here ! There’s no doubting the copious ...
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(324)
-
▼
May
(30)
- The Flying Change - If You See Something, Say Some...
- Lake - Kite
- Little Glitches - 123
- Kyle Andrews - Amos in Ohio
- The Most Serene Republic - Present Of Future End
- The Field - The More That I Do (Foals Remix)
- Slushco - Security System
- Super Extra Bonus Party - Mark Hughes Top Corner
- Ball of Flame Shoot Fire - Mugs
- Meeting of Important People - Hanky Church
- British Sea Power - Man of Aran
- The Bats - Castle Light
- The Rest - Walk On Water (Auspicious Beginnings)
- Office - Dominoes
- Stereolab - Transporte Sans Bouche
- Ain - Sunday
- Warpaint - Billie Holiday
- The Temper Trap - Sweet Disposition
- The Chasms - I Couldn't Walk
- The Cocteau Twins - Iceblink Luck
- Men Without Pants - My Balloon
- Lotus Plaza - Whiteout
- Subplots - Anchors & Kites
- Capitol Jay - Prelude
- Akron/Family - River
- The Very Most - You're In Love With The Sun
- Wye Oak - Take It In
- FM Belfast - Underwear
- At Last An Atlas - In Time
- I And I - The Bottom
-
▼
May
(30)
0 comments:
Post a Comment