Music Links
Friday 10 September 2010
Caribou - Brahminy Kite

I’m definitely a stubborn bastard sometimes; I mean there is no logical reason why I shouldn’t be pouring over the newbie from Caribou with salivating juices threatening to flood the qwerty. Right the way from Manitoba to several Caribou albums I’ve always adored Dan Snaith and his merry band of korg’s. But then the relationship soured with ‘Odessa’ and somehow I feel cheated. FFS it is pathetic, so instead of gorging in pastures new I am chewing the cud with the milk of human kindness or scaling the snowy peaks of Andorra. Today I’m flying a kite, no ordinary kite, a brahminy kite if you don’t mind. As soon as I find out it’s a bird I prey to the almighty barn owl to save me from the destruction of my instincts. How else can I find out whether the once great Caribou has gone into creative hibernation, up in flames as it were? KD
More Info: Official & Myspace
Buy Songs: Caribou
Year: 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Video of the Week (1/11)
Popular Posts
-
Aaah, I’m in love and so will you be once you turn your ears to Ai Phoenix. This song is so delicately crafted it sounds like it’s going to ...
-
With the self-proclaimed siamese triplets Sack about to jack it all in, up popped Morrissey to proclaim his allegiance. He was as good as hi...
-
If it’s an instrumental with words you’re after then look no further than the ‘Melody of a Fallen Tree’. What would expect from a band that ...
-
The only question that remains unanswered is how much longer this Dublin band can remain unsigned. This certainly ain't your average run...
-
With a feather lifted from Roddy Woomble's rapidly disintegrating peak cap (cf 'When I Argue I See Shapes') 'Another Wound...
-
You can now buy this song on our 2008 Christmas compilation called 'An Indiecater Christmas' here ! There’s no doubting the copious ...
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(289)
-
▼
September
(26)
- 5 Candles
- Sweet Jane - Take Me Home
- The Smashing Pumpkins - Astral Planes
- The Walkmen - Stranded
- Washed Out - You'll See It
- Dappled Cities - The Price
- Stars And Sons - Untested, Untried
- My Vitriol - Always Your Way
- The Harriman Exit - Shoot The Breeze
- Kill Krinkle Club - 59
- Tea-Tronic - Time Wants To
- [the] caseworker - Boats
- The Harvest Ministers - Tombstone Eyes
- Grand Pocket Orchestra - I Deal In Bits And Bobs
- Thunder Power - Jack The Tripper
- The Radio Dept. - The New Improved Hypocrisy
- Big Spider's Back - Warped
- The Coral - Walking In The Winter
- Magic Kids - Summer
- Caribou - Brahminy Kite
- Art Of Trance - Madagascar (Ferry Corsten Remix)
- The Magic Numbers - Take A Chance
- Mr Haynes - The City That I Know
- Belaire - You Really Got Me Goin'
- The Cranberry Saw Us - Uncertain
- Blak Thor - Rascal
-
▼
September
(26)
0 comments:
Post a Comment