Music Links
Friday 19 December 2008
Wintermitts - Schoolyard

I’m not just including this here because the band are called Wintermitts and it’s a cold and wet December day. Nope, this is a group to embrace no matter what the weather is like because they always see fit to include handclaps or glockenspiel (they also whistle and do hand stands) and have a singer that sounds remarkably like Emma Pollock from the Delgados (yeah I know, I miss them too). They’re an environmentally conscious lot too because they’ve included a packet of tomato seed with every copy of their latest album ‘Heirloom’ sold at home in Canada. ‘Schoolyard’ is a blast, a giddy rampage of joy that’ll run riot in your ordered world. A year round treat then. KD
Watch The Video To Que Toi
More Info: Official & Myspace
Buy Songs: Wintermitts
Year: 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Video of the Week (1/11)
Popular Posts
-
With the self-proclaimed siamese triplets Sack about to jack it all in, up popped Morrissey to proclaim his allegiance. He was as good as hi...
-
Aaah, I’m in love and so will you be once you turn your ears to Ai Phoenix. This song is so delicately crafted it sounds like it’s going to ...
-
If it’s an instrumental with words you’re after then look no further than the ‘Melody of a Fallen Tree’. What would expect from a band that ...
-
With a feather lifted from Roddy Woomble's rapidly disintegrating peak cap (cf 'When I Argue I See Shapes') 'Another Wound...
-
The only question that remains unanswered is how much longer this Dublin band can remain unsigned. This certainly ain't your average run...
-
Organising anything in this country is generally a recipe for thanklessness. Once you get past the begrudgers and naysayers you’ve got to de...
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(529)
-
▼
December
(27)
- South Ambulance - Davy Crocket
- Sun Visor - Owl And The Crow
- Low Sea - The Crash
- The Music Tapes - Majesty
- Suffering And The Hideous Thieves - Silent Night
- Parenthetical Girls - Festive Friends (Forever)
- Ingo Star Cruiser - Just Like Christmas (Swedish V...
- Wintermitts - Schoolyard
- Allo Darlin' - Baby, It's Cold Outside
- Psychic Powers - Special Boy
- Adrian Crowley - These Ley Waters
- Languis - Times Are Changing
- B. Fleischmann - 24.12
- Don't Miss The Vote!
- Sunset - The World Is Awaiting
- The King Blues - What If Punk Never Happened
- Brakes - Crystal Tunings
- Loner Deluxe - Frozen Grass
- Top 42 Songs of 2008
- Armoured Bear - Fall
- +- {PlusMinus} - Snowblind
- The Dying Seconds - Overtures
- Sissy Wish - DWTS
- Jeremy Messersmith - Franklin Avenue
- The Weepies - All That I Want
- Violens - Violent Sensation Descends
- Simone White - I Didn't Have A Summer Romance
-
▼
December
(27)
0 comments:
Post a Comment