Music Links
Monday 11 February 2008
Monkey Swallows The Universe - Time Will Be Last

They may not have the frenetic craft of that other colony of primates from up Sheffield way but right now it’s Monkey Swallows the Universe that I’m going bananas for. Right, that is likely to have been the lamest sentence ever uttered on these pages so if you are in need of instant therapy ‘Time Will Be Last’ should do the trick. Monkey Swallows the Universe are unashamedly acoustic so are unlikely to grab you by the throat straight away but there’s magic in them thar slow turning melodies. The band have 2 albums to their name but worryingly have gone on a little break to think things through. Whether this means this Monkey’s gone to heaven remains to be seen but while we wait for their next move there is plenty of luscious audio to fawn over. KD
Watch The Video To Little Polveir
More Info: Official & Myspace
Buy Songs: Monkey Swallows The Universe
Year: 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Video of the Week (1/11)
Popular Posts
-
With the self-proclaimed siamese triplets Sack about to jack it all in, up popped Morrissey to proclaim his allegiance. He was as good as hi...
-
Aaah, I’m in love and so will you be once you turn your ears to Ai Phoenix. This song is so delicately crafted it sounds like it’s going to ...
-
If it’s an instrumental with words you’re after then look no further than the ‘Melody of a Fallen Tree’. What would expect from a band that ...
-
With a feather lifted from Roddy Woomble's rapidly disintegrating peak cap (cf 'When I Argue I See Shapes') 'Another Wound...
-
The only question that remains unanswered is how much longer this Dublin band can remain unsigned. This certainly ain't your average run...
-
Organising anything in this country is generally a recipe for thanklessness. Once you get past the begrudgers and naysayers you’ve got to de...
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(529)
-
▼
February
(53)
- Electric Penguins - Soft Landing
- Said The Shark - No Getting Over You
- Chapterhouse - Mesmerise
- Birdland - Sleep With Me
- Under Electric Light - This Moment
- Jeremy Warmsley - 5 Verses
- Michael Talbott and The Wolfkings - Goodnight
- Fort Minor - Kenji
- Mansun - Wide Open Space
- Tree Wave - Sleep
- Little Big Adventure - I Want To Be A Villian Too
- Clovis - Mundo
- Samuraj Cities - All Along The Shoreline
- Everyday Should Be A Sonic Holiday
- A Faulty Chromosome - Jackie O
- Molly Shannon, Molly Shannon - Nichelle Nichols
- Fuck Buttons - Bright Tomorrow
- Cats on Fire - I Am The White-Manteled King
- Mumblin' Deaf Ro - The Ballad Of Lonesome Ray James
- Eluvium - Under The Water It Glowed
- Pacific UV - Scarlet
- Immovable Objects - Sheen
- Black Before Red - Underneath Gold
- The Lightning Seeds - Pure
- Boy Genius - Radio Silence
- Say Hi - Toil And Trouble
- Ai Phoenix - He Kisses The Streets I Walk
- The Kingdom - I Am Constellation
- Giovanni McTrapattoni
- Smells Like Theme Spirit - Mixtape
- Anna Ternheim - I'll Follow You Tonight
- Sugar - Come Around
- Monkey Swallows The Universe - Time Will Be Last
- The Botticellis - Up Against The Glass
- Grand Pocket Orchestra - Get Go
- The Dodos - Jodi
- Laura Gibson - Hands In Pockets
- The Bell - On And On
- Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Straight To You
- Tindersticks - The Flicker Of A Little Girl
- Heartless Bastards - I Swallowed A Dragonfly
- Strawberry Whiplash - Who's In Your Dreams?
- In Tua Nua - All I Wanted
- Springfactory - Get Out Of Bed
- The Motifs - Yours And Mine
- The Liberty Bell - I Need You
- Girls In Hawaii - This Farm Will End Up In Fire
- Jenna Nicholls - Just How Much
- Frightened Rabbit - The Modern Leper
- Peachcake - Stop Acting Like You Know More About T...
- Aster - Attempting To Multiply
- I Concur - Oblige
- These United States - First Sight
-
▼
February
(53)
0 comments:
Post a Comment