Music Links
Wednesday 6 February 2008
Strawberry Whiplash - Who's In Your Dreams?

As anyone who has ever been to Glasgow will testify it is not really one of the most aesthetically pleasing cities in the world. Much of the beauty occurs underground you see and no it's not the city's subway. Glasgow achieves this by punching above its weight in the here comes another great indie band department. Strawberry Whiplash are typical of the exciting fare on offer. Sandra and Laz may be slow to release their surnames to the expectant media but they nonetheless pour their insides out to coin endless classics. I mean ‘Who’s In Your Dreams?’ could have kept Sarah Records in cheap microphones for decades all on its own. It is a fuzzy delight, overdosing in sweet bah bah bah’s and drums that while pounded have a certain timedness. KD
More Info: Official & Myspace
Buy Songs: Strawberry Whiplash
Year: 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Video of the Week (1/11)
Popular Posts
-
With the self-proclaimed siamese triplets Sack about to jack it all in, up popped Morrissey to proclaim his allegiance. He was as good as hi...
-
Aaah, I’m in love and so will you be once you turn your ears to Ai Phoenix. This song is so delicately crafted it sounds like it’s going to ...
-
If it’s an instrumental with words you’re after then look no further than the ‘Melody of a Fallen Tree’. What would expect from a band that ...
-
With a feather lifted from Roddy Woomble's rapidly disintegrating peak cap (cf 'When I Argue I See Shapes') 'Another Wound...
-
The only question that remains unanswered is how much longer this Dublin band can remain unsigned. This certainly ain't your average run...
-
Organising anything in this country is generally a recipe for thanklessness. Once you get past the begrudgers and naysayers you’ve got to de...
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(529)
-
▼
February
(53)
- Electric Penguins - Soft Landing
- Said The Shark - No Getting Over You
- Chapterhouse - Mesmerise
- Birdland - Sleep With Me
- Under Electric Light - This Moment
- Jeremy Warmsley - 5 Verses
- Michael Talbott and The Wolfkings - Goodnight
- Fort Minor - Kenji
- Mansun - Wide Open Space
- Tree Wave - Sleep
- Little Big Adventure - I Want To Be A Villian Too
- Clovis - Mundo
- Samuraj Cities - All Along The Shoreline
- Everyday Should Be A Sonic Holiday
- A Faulty Chromosome - Jackie O
- Molly Shannon, Molly Shannon - Nichelle Nichols
- Fuck Buttons - Bright Tomorrow
- Cats on Fire - I Am The White-Manteled King
- Mumblin' Deaf Ro - The Ballad Of Lonesome Ray James
- Eluvium - Under The Water It Glowed
- Pacific UV - Scarlet
- Immovable Objects - Sheen
- Black Before Red - Underneath Gold
- The Lightning Seeds - Pure
- Boy Genius - Radio Silence
- Say Hi - Toil And Trouble
- Ai Phoenix - He Kisses The Streets I Walk
- The Kingdom - I Am Constellation
- Giovanni McTrapattoni
- Smells Like Theme Spirit - Mixtape
- Anna Ternheim - I'll Follow You Tonight
- Sugar - Come Around
- Monkey Swallows The Universe - Time Will Be Last
- The Botticellis - Up Against The Glass
- Grand Pocket Orchestra - Get Go
- The Dodos - Jodi
- Laura Gibson - Hands In Pockets
- The Bell - On And On
- Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Straight To You
- Tindersticks - The Flicker Of A Little Girl
- Heartless Bastards - I Swallowed A Dragonfly
- Strawberry Whiplash - Who's In Your Dreams?
- In Tua Nua - All I Wanted
- Springfactory - Get Out Of Bed
- The Motifs - Yours And Mine
- The Liberty Bell - I Need You
- Girls In Hawaii - This Farm Will End Up In Fire
- Jenna Nicholls - Just How Much
- Frightened Rabbit - The Modern Leper
- Peachcake - Stop Acting Like You Know More About T...
- Aster - Attempting To Multiply
- I Concur - Oblige
- These United States - First Sight
-
▼
February
(53)
3 comments:
No tube or metro system in Glasgow? Perhaps you should click here for a little revelation.
Nice SW track, by the way...
That's hilarious Kelvin, I've been to Glasgow at least half a dozen times and never knew there was an underground. Thanks for the revelation!
Ah, the internet - the world's best learning resource :)
Keep up the good work, MP3Hugger. It's a quality blog you've got going on here.
cheers,
KH
Post a Comment